Are your percentages where you would like them to be?
- Don’t worry, most adults have a low Play percentage at first. The good news is this course will help you increase play.
- The very thing that we need to do more of to feel better — play — is usually something relegated to children.
- The fact is, people of all ages need to experience the lightness and joy that comes from being in play mode.
- In week 1 of this program, you will identify what play is to you, and practice shifting to more play and less drudgery
- It sounds simple, yet, most people find that it’s not easy to establish new patterns and practices, particularly in stressful times
- What’s one thing you can do today that would feel like play?
Need ideas? Think back to your childhood, or to a simpler time. What did you do for fun and relaxation?
- Turn on your favorite music and dance around the house
- Reminisce with a friend about funny encounters or stories from your past
- Sit in the sunshine with your bare feet in the grass
- Plan a special evening with your favorite dinner
- Watch a funny, light-hearted movie
- Play a fun game
- Color, paint, make a collage
Whatever you choose, make sure it makes you smile, feel light and cheerful, like children at play. If it doesn’t, switch it up!
- Do it! Aim for at least 15 minutes.
- Share on the JumpStart FB page (LINK): What did you do and how did it feel?